Natural or Unnatural
Public health agencies have historically defaulted to approaching disease outbreaks as natural. However, we should always be suspicious of unnatural outbreaks which could lead to epidemics and pandemics. This presentation will take attendees through various scenarios with takeaways on recognizing natural and unnatural pathogens
1. Familiarity with potential avenues for intentional agent release
2. Familiarity with bioterror/biowarfare agents
3. Familiarity with Select Agents
4. Recognize insider threat potentials
5. Recognize patterns of disease transmission.